Saturday, April 23, 2016

Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.

Dear blog,

How much can be blamed on love?

Dates after dates, I came to realize there is a purpose for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you and some will teach you. Most importantly, some will bring the best in you. Overall, the journey and lessons learned along the way. Whenever I had a bad date previously, I used to be so mad at myself for wasting precious time on the wrong people and knowing that I will never be able to retrieve it back. And not to mention the heartache and pain. Then I figured something. Life and love have no short-cuts, you can't expect love at first sight on the first date and happily ever after when you get married. This is reality. Nothing comes easy. It's most likely impossible unless you're lucky enough to experience love effortlessly. Frankly speaking, that kind of love only exists in fiction love novels and romance movies or perhaps in another parallel dimension. Well there is something similar to the term "love at first sight" but it's called "instant connection". Either way, it's not love love. If you ask me, it's not that I don't believe in love. I'm a very strong believer in it actually. I'm just deathly terrified that it doesn't believe me. After all, it's proven.

Signing out,
zaidi.